Friday, March 13, 2009

Sonic and the Black Knight is out now on the Nintendo Wii

Sonic and the Black Knight

Today sees the launch of Sega's new "Sonic and the Black Knight" game on the Nintendo Wii in Europe, following on from its release in Australasia and Japan yesterday and North America on March 3rd.

I haven't seen it or played it yet, so I can't really comment much on it. I've only read the Wikipedia entry for it, and it sounds pretty good going by that. But it doesn't sound like a classic Sonic game, and therein lies the problem..... it's been a very very very long time since there was a truly excellent new Sonic game.

I just wish for once that Sega would release a new "proper" Sonic game, in the original 2D super-fast platforming style of the early 1990s. They got so close with last year's Sonic Unleashed, but ultimately ruined it with all the silly night-time "Werehog" stuff included in the game. I, and I suspect all other true Sonic fans, live in hope that one day soon Sega will finally get it right and give us the game we all crave.

Meanwhile, at least Mario is still starring in world-class games every time, so it's not all bad.....

No comments: