Monday, September 28, 2009

Classic Mario games - Super Mario World

Further to my post yesterday about classic Sonic games, the set of secondhand PS2 games I bought recently also included a disc with a Super Nintendo (SNES) emulator and 500 SNES games on it. I was quite surprised to see such a thing, and I was rather doubtful it would work properly. But when I tried it on my PS2 all but a very few of the games worked perfectly. And to my joy, all the classic Super Mario Bros. games worked fine, including Super Mario All-Stars, both Super Mario Worlds and Super Mario Kart. In particular, the first Super Mario World is still a wonderful game to play - even after all these years it stands up well against the more modern 3D versions of Mario.

You can play a superb free online version of a classic Mario game here: New Super Mario Flash

If you ever see one of these emulator discs for sale anywhere, I thoroughly recommend buying it - also included on the disc I got were all the SNES classics such as Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Metroid, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Starfox, F-Zero and so on. Wicked!

You can play free online versions of many of the above games here: Super Mario Online Games and here: Nintendo Online Games

No comments: